CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Another sign of spring


I am sitting in my robe waiting for the town building inspector to come. Downstairs the gas guy is here to upgrade our gas lines so we can heat our pool sufficiently this year. Until we get some solar panels we may be Questar Gas Company's favorite customer since it cost us last year to heat the pool for 2 weeks!
Ben anticipates working on the hot tub this weekend and then getting ready to spray his vinyl paint. Then we are ready to fill and jump in! Now if only Mother Nature would cooperate. It may be 50 degrees but we are still almost 10 degrees below average for this time of year. Yesterday Ellie picked her first crocus, in purple of course. Spencer (our cat) is scratching at the glass and crying at the robins who have made our new London Poplar trees their home. I have never seen robins so fat! Last Saturday I sat on the field at Brookes' soccer game under 2 blankets with a winter coat and hat on. She was awesome as the goalie for a bit but then joined some friends under blankets too. I can't say it loud enough " bring on spring!"
I thought I would include some shots of the pool that Ben built the girls & I last year while we were visiting friends back East for the month of July. We got to enjoy it for a few weeks before Fall came. It was wonderful, beautiful, refreshing and the best OCD project Ben has ever worked on!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

So, are you ready to be added to my blogroll? I want to come swimming too.

sam & sarah said...

Oh WOW!!!
Wanna send him to my house for a few weeks.
Just got an estimate on our "kid friendly" back yard....$40-60,000!!!
Could sure use some Ben around here.
Post some pics from inside your house...would LOVE to see what you guys have done!