CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Where We Poop Butterflies?

It seems many of you are wondering about my quote on the banner of this blog. It reads"From the land of sunshine where we eat rainbows and poop butterflies." It is actually belongs to Kate a cute fuzzy creature in the movie "Horton Hears a Who." Brooke can not stop saying it, even watches the clip on UTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJkaKAIl_Fc&NR=1
I think in a very satirical way it is an appropriate quote for a gal like me who loves the sun, tries to stay positive yet manages to spend more time in the bathroom then any other room in her house. Lets face it, Crohn's is not a pretty disease. No one wants to talk about bathroom habits other then Dr Oz and my GI Doc. If I have contributed one thing to my friends and associates its that there is no shame in chatting up the plagues of Gastrointestinal disorders and daily happenings. In fact, my life has been quite bland lately without the GI woes I have suffered acutely from the past 3 years. I have a pile of magazines to the sky because I am never in that room any longer. In the mean time I managing to enjoy the sunshine...altho we need some terribly here (my antibiotic induced tan seem to be fading a tad!) And of course eating everything under the rainbow. I will have to write about Ben's amazing cooking abilities and perhaps share a few fav recipes at another post.

3 comments:

The Portnays said...

Love the blog. The girls and you all look terrific.
Love,
DP

Sherine said...

Oh I'm thrilled that you started a blog:) And, so glad to hear that you aren't in the hospital anymore. Please do post some of Ben's recipes! (not the super complicated ones though) I must say that blogging has taken up some of my celebrity trash time.. please let me know if something big happens like snoop joining the church or something. Oh yeah.. we poop sand over here. miss you guys! tell everyone hello

Hiedi said...

I'm feeling the sunshine now. It'd be great if we all pooped butterflies. I wasn't interested before, but now I definitely want to see the movie "Dr. Horton Hears a Who." Thanks for the link to the movie clip. :) And I'm glad you're gaining weight. Jack Jack is trying to keep pace with you. His thighs have doubled in size in the last 4 weeks. Must be the scrumptious molten chocolate cake Ben made when we were over last. Thanks... much love, Hiedi